Thursday, August 2, 2012

What a Difference a Day Makes

Twenty four little hours....

I'll stop singing. No one needs bleeding eardrums.

I've slept, eaten well, wrote a love letter, knit a bunch (the socks are turning out so adorable... subtle, but adorable all the same), worked, dealt with weird issues that left me scratching my head wondering "Why did you think this was important enough to call about?". Again, to the guy getting married in two days: you have my condolences, buddy, on all the stress, and then the services dying on you just adding to it. I wouldn't blame you in the least for going. Heck, I'd red-carpet you at this point because, damn.... that's just too much to bear. Here's hoping the ceremony goes off without a hitch though.

The sweater is chugging along beautifully; going to finish this one purl row and then haul myself off to beddie byes. Should be close to the 25" mark. Will be measuring against the finished back. Here's hoping the neck shaping works out the way it's supposed to, and then I can start hauling a** on the sleeves.

Only had the one "please let a disaster befall me so I can die" moment today, so that's looking up. Then I had the immense pleasure of reading. And that always, always makes my night.

Things are looking up. Even cast on for the shawl, for my first ever charted lace adventure. I'll have to get pictures when the light is better.

For now: finish this row, and just this row.... no, I'm serious. Don't look at me like that. I can finish just one row and have done with it.... Don't you sigh at me! Look I'm not having this discussion again. Finishing the row and then going to bed. That's it.

Day 24: Have you ever made your own pattern or dyed your own yarn? How did it turn out?
Pattern I'm attempting right now. So far it's okay. Dying? Not yet. Maybe someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment