Thursday, August 16, 2012

Clearing My Head

I don't want to whine, or make it seem like I'm out for pity or anything. This is just for venting purposes, to get the rest of the ick in my brain out, so I can move on from it. Nothing super bad, just got to get it out.

I didn't sleep well last night.  I'd had a slew of dreams, that ended up being a montage of things that just scare me. It started out, in a way, with something kind of funny: the sweater I've been working on for forever got stolen. But it sprialled down from there. No money to get something. Lost my job. No apartment. No food. The Other Half left me. Lost. Then I was pregnant. Then murdered. Then raped. Finally, alone and left in a dark black pit of a room. These scenes would flash through my head over and over and over again. Until it became a horrible blur. I woke up in a terrible state feeling deeply disturbed. Spent a couple minutes crying before I got out of bed. No clue what could have caused that terrible night. It's not like I have anything crazy going on, no massive stresses or anxieties or anything.

I'm trying to get to the point where I will just fall asleep as soon as my eyes close. I don't think I'm going to get there.

On the lighter side of the news: sleeve!!!! I'm whipping through it. It's so exciting (for all that it's a trapezoid), and I'm totally in love with it. I finished with the increases every five rows, now I'm on to the increases every four rows. I don't think I'm going to make them the full 21 inches long. The shoulders of the sweater are already very broad, and The Other Half doesn't have freakishly long arms. If I remember rightly, they're pretty much the same length as my own, maybe a little bit longer, so I'll probably finish the increases and then go to the end of the pattern repeat and call it done. Then I cast on for the second sleeve and get to do seaming, and then the joys of picking up stitches for the neckline. The finish line is coming. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and it's not an oncoming train. I'll get a picture once I have the light.

No comments:

Post a Comment