Monday, August 27, 2012

Little Absentee...

Just a teensy weensy little bit. Really. Not that long at all. Despite it feeling like forever, and yet no time at all, in my head.

Found Doctor Who. Said that in my last post. How people can knit and watch that at the same time I'll never know. Going to be getting them all. Even the original stuff, even the black and whites. I want to follow it through.

Took a break, though. Had to. Worried I'm getting weird because of it (probably just the messed up sleep schedule more than anything). Decided to track down Sherlock instead.... Yeah.

If anyone reading this has not seen Sherlock, stop reading now and go watch it. No I'm serious. You have to. It's funny, witty, intense, brilliant... the writing and treatment and adaptation is gorgeous (not to mention the main characters, yes I still love you TOH). You just have to get there. The acting too, just brilliant, and subtle, the changes and emotions and little betrayals of thought. I wish I knew how Cumberbatch did it all, but it's so seamless... Just get some of that, all right?

Still working on the sock. It's crazy doing 8.5 inches of stockinette. Hopefully the night will stay rather lackadaisical and I will be able to put a sizeable dent into it. I'm just glad I remembered how long to make the foot without needing the other sock to figure it out.

Instant addendum: it's not really crazy doing 8.5 inches of stockinette, especially not when it took me four years to put together one of the most simple sweater patterns out there. It just seems like that because my mind is whirling around in one direction, and the yarn is whirling around in the opposite direction. My mind is filled with fantastical thoughts and daydreams about Sherlock and Doctor Who, swinging between them on barely a whim. It's incredible. My imagination hasn't been given a shot like this in.... well, unfortunately, in a good long while.

Just over two months until NaNoWriMo, too. Good lord, what shall I do for that one? Hmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment