Monday, August 13, 2012

State of the Games

Well the 'lympics are over, and with it the Ravellenic Games. I said I'd do three projects and managed to finish... none of them. I probably overreached myself this first year, and didn't follow through with budgeting my time correctly, but I did learn how to do Judy's Magic Cast On on double pointed needles, and I love it to bits. I think I'm going to use it for all my future toe-up socks.

The first pair of socks for Step-Mum is going well, almost halfway done. Everyone that walks past at work has a comment on them. I've had a couple of requests to make people pairs and I employ my usual response: how about I teach you to make your own?

The shawl is still in the first chart, and it's going to be a while before I can do stuff for myself. This is going on the back burner for holiday knitting.

Best of all: the sweater is rollicking along. It's bending to my will. 26 rows to finish the back. That's all. And then just two short sleeves. I'm totally rocking this challenge. I say challenge because it's my first sweater. I've learned a lot about it and I'm going to make it. And it's going to look great. I'll even let it be worn out of the house.

I'll just have to get progress pictures soon.


Day 27: How do you acquire most of yarn? Online retailers, local yarn shops, swaps, or large chain craft stores? What’s your favorite?

Online retailers mostly. I have a yarn club that I'm in and it's just easier for me, not having any vehicular transportation, to have the yarn delivered to me. I do shop at some of the chain craft stores sometimes, and even the big box ones with the teeny craft sections. It's mainly online though. My favourite, of course, is Nerd Girl Yarns. All Hail, Christa!

No comments:

Post a Comment