Saturday, August 18, 2012

Rounding Third....

Back: done.

Front: done.

Sleeves: done.

Shoulders: joined.

Neck: picked up, stitched, decreased, stitched, cast off.

Now, I get to wash everything to relax it all into some semblance of uniformity, then attach the sleeves and seam them, and do the side seams.

So close. So close I can taste it....

I'd finish it tonight but I've lost the light, and there's no way I'm brave enough to tackle row seaming in low light conditions.

Same with progress photos. I'll do those tomorrow.

Oh yeah, and then I have my girlie afternoon tomorrow, which means getting to start the second socks that need finishing.

This whole finishing kick feels great. It feels weird to not have to do a gigantic sheet of blue. I want something simple to knit now.... so I have a choice: silk, Dad's Christmas knitting, or the Noro.... Hmm... I still have a lot going on. Definitely going to be on this finishing kick for a while yet. Time to enjoy some sense of accomplishment, and get the stash back.... oh yeah I didn't mention that did I? Heh. The stash and WIPs no longer fit in my stash bag. I feel guilty for having a second stash location, but it's better than loose yarn balls all over my couch.

My mind is all over the place because I'm a little shell shocked at where I've gotten to in the sweater. Just flat out dazed and amazed. Little lost, too, because, again, it feels odd to not have a giant sheet of blue in front of me that needs to be knit....

I also put the half finished body over my head to check the sizing.... and I'm not going to psych myself out now. It'll fit me for sure, so it should fit him.

I could still use a drink, just to shut the little doubting mean voice to shut up. Gonna get some water instead, and maybe some hunks of cucumber. The crunch will have to suffice.

No comments:

Post a Comment