Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The Light at the End of the Tunnel

I can see it. I truly can. And it's NOT an oncoming train (for once).

I cast on the first sleeve.

I have the pattern.... uh... written? listed?


Like that. I can track my progress, and the dots are where I do my increases (you can see the little note at the top). My writing is... messy. I wouldn't trade it for anything, though.

But, here's my huge accomplishment:


It's a little fuzzy but, TAH DAH! I'm so proud! The counts worked out, the gauge worked out, and I'm just so happy with it. It's gonna get all soft and fluffy and slouchy. I'M SO EXCITED.

Excited enough to use all caps instead of just italics.

Finally, because I don't know if Step-Mum reads this:

Stealth knitting picture! I love the colours. Thank you Christa (our Lady of Nerd Girl Yarns), it's perfect. Exactly what I was looking for and it represents what I wanted it to to a T.

Day 29: Do you have any tips, or things that you’ve learned from knitting?

Gauge is important, but not so important that you should rip out an entire sweater for being slightly off when the sweater is in acrylic. Natural fibres really matter; the artificial ones can go hang. It's important to look at the quantity of yarn recommended in the pattern before shopping so you can buy enough, and not way too much. Finally, pattern difficulty levels are a suggestion, not set in stone. Never let what a piece of paper say determine what you can and cannot make. Difficulty levels lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment