Monday, August 20, 2012

Time to Celebrate!



It's DONE.

First thing I'd cast on. My first serious project. Four years in the making, and it's done.

I'm sorry? Beg pardon?

Ends need weaving in? What ends? I see no ends. I'm too busy celebrating my awesomeness.

I'll come to terms with body dysmorphia later. Those sleeves are freaking hugely long. But the body of the sweater fits perfectly with room to spare. It should fit The Other Half just fine. The front definitely needs more breaking in and abuse, you can see the distortion of the back quite obviously. Ah hell, since I got started I can point out my other flaw: the sleeve cast off I'd change next time, and I'd actually learn how to do a proper mattress stitch seam.

BUT

With all that? It's a great weekend sweater. I'm debating making one for myself, if I can figure out the best way to add some shaping on the sides, and change the neckline (I look better with a v-neck).

Scary thought that. I finally finish a sweater I've been busting on for four years, and I suddenly want to make another one... one for myself, though.

However, if I make one for myself, I know exactly which pattern I'm going to use: the Burnside Tunic from KnitPicks.com. It's soooooooo pretty. It tasks me, and I shall have it.

--UPDATE--

Ends woven in. Here's hoping they stay that way. If they don't, I'm going to beat them up. It's totally totally finished. And because it's acrylic: no blocking needed!

1 comment:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS! It looks great!

    Also, that KP sweater? GORGEOUS. I must have it.

    ReplyDelete