Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Ah... So This is What Dread Feels Like

She's right.

I don't want her to be, but she is.

With every repeat, every row, every stitch the clarion call rings out in my mind:

She's right.

Dammitall.

Why? Why couldn't I see it? Why wouldn't I? Even with other evidence sitting in front of my face. Screaming at me that I should believe. I should trust. It's right and good and there's nothing wrong and everything will be fine. But no. I had to sit there and deny, deny, deny. There's no way it could work. No way possible. It's madness and foolish to think otherwise.

There just couldn't be any way to get two full sized socks out of 400 yards of fingering weight yarn.

You see this foolishness? It's sheer stupidity to think that way. Of course I can get two socks out of that much yarn. The proof is sitting in my stash from the last time I did socks out of this same yarn base, the exact same yardage!

I can't believe myself. I really can't. Now I'm never going to live it down, and Princess is going to make me eat my words. Literally. I know she will.

At least I found another knitter at work today. He's doing a scarf for a cosplay costume he's working on. Keep it up, Tim, and try not to let some 12 feet of garter stitch drive you mad. Nice job on those colour changes, though, very smooth. I'm quite impressed.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, absolutely. I think I finally figured out how I'm going to do it too. The most epic dessert a sleepover every saw!

    In all seriousness, I bet we're both glad I was right ... because that means you'll have a finished pair of socks to hand over when this is done, instead of an almost-finished pair and no yarn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still would have finished. The toe just would have been a different colour. So they would have been very mismatched.

      Delete