Friday, August 10, 2012

Completely Zonked

Back on my crazy night shift and trying to adjust again. It's not going so well. Almost done the first kitten sock, turned the heel last night at work, so I should be able to get the leg done. Then I mail them off and get a sizing. That's a big problem with knitting long distance. I want to know if I'm doing them right, but I can't find out until they're out of my reach for adjustments. Ah well, I just hope they're liked/loved.

I've realized that my knitting list has grown disgustingly large, and I'm trying to prevent any further instances of "Startitis". First thing's first, the list of things that have to be finished:

-The Sweater (crud, I meant to explain to The Other Half why, precisely, I added the "Demon" appellation... Other knitters would get it: it's not that the sweater is bad, or that the yarn is bad, or that the whole thing is unliked, unloved, or unwanted; it's not that we're not having fun.... it's that the dang thing is fighting every step of the way, and seems to be laughing at us... and needs a nickname like "Demon" or "Damien" or somesuch... anyways, moving on)
- The other blue sock for TOH
- The first pair of kitty socks
- Silk Scarf
- Dad's Christmas Scarf
- Yellow Shawl thing
- My Shawl thing
Edited to Add: - Noro Stripey Scarf (ffs, it's sitting right on my couch, crying now because I ignored it while it was staring at me.... nothing like Japanese yarn being all dramatic... If you'll excuse me, I need to find buckets to catch the crazy anime tears)

Then there's the things I've promised to do that aren't on needles yet...
- Entrelac
- The second pair of kitty socks
- The third pair of kitty socks
- The blue shawl thing for T.
- Shrug for B.
- Socks for TOH's cousin N. (Those are, sadly, low priority at this point as I don't even have yarn for them)

Then there's the stuff I actually really want to knit...
- Mobius scarf out of the blue worsted Dad and Step-mum got me for Christmas last year
- Knee high socks for me
- Shawl thing for me out of the NGY stuff I've gotten
- The next pair of socks for TOH, possibly using some kind of actual pattern this time
- A BSJ hat

... Holy crud I'm rather ambitious. And all that is just the knitting. That doesn't mention the two blankets, or my desire to start making 300 Spartan Amigurumi..... Or writing that book/guide thing to translate knitting to crochet. Or my secret plans to buy a spindle and learn to make my own yarn.

Why can I get this way about knitting, crochet and fibre, but not finding a new job? Oh wait, it's because trying to find a new job sucks beanbags, especially in this economy and with my lack of industry-specific skills.... *sigh* Don't let it get you down, girl. Keep trying. Stay positive. You're in enough of a rut as it is.

I'm going to find a little cheer somewhere (no, not in a bottle, I have to work, and alcohol solves nothing, it just induces complacency in the depth of the rut).

Day 26: Have you ever been a part, or wanted to be a part of a knit-a-long? What was it? If not, why?
No I haven't been a part of a knit-a-long, but I think I could enjoy one. I just have to clear the above epic gigantic list before I try anything like that.

2 comments:

  1. That is a pretty epic list, but you can do it!

    Of course, now that I know you haven't been in a KAL, I'm determined to find us one to do MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good gravy. You see what I have to do, right? You see how very little knitting time I technically have, yes? And yet you're going to find something for us to tackle together?

    Le sigh... fine. Bring it on. Just please tell me It's going to be something in fingering weight around 400 yards, because then I don't have to buy yarn. (I'm not ready to sacrifice my four skeins of self-striping Felici, yet. I want knee highs for myself dangit.)

    ReplyDelete