Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Working Hard

Got the toe for the socks finished last night, going to start on the pattern today; should be good, it's 17 stitches wide, and the rest is all stockinette. The needles are far, far too pointy though. I may have to quickly finish of the sock for The Other Half and then use the tube for those needles. I wish I hadn't forgotten my other tube at his place.

The sweater is booking along quite nicely. I probably just need another couple hours in the morning and I can get the front done. Sleeves should be cake after that. It's just a matter of making time, as with anything.

Still haven't cast on for the shawl. I'm going to leave it for last. The charts seem a little intimidating, but the more I look at them, the easier they get. I just have to get started. The sweater and socks are priority, though. The shawl's for me, so I don't have a problem if it doesn't get done.


That was the end result after doing Judy's Magic Cast On on double pointed needles, instead of the circulars it was invented for. That may be the last of those you see, as they're holiday knitting, and I don't know if my Step-Mum reads this (though you're invited to shout out in the comments if you do, and want to guess at what the finished object will look like, as can anyone else guess about the finished object).


This was my progress on the front on Sunday morning.

That was Sunday night. More than doubled. I'm sorry the flash makes a bloody mess of the texture in the stitches, but please trust that it is there, and I'm not doing a field of garter or stockinette. There's rather attractive ridges up the whole thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment