Thursday, July 19, 2012

So I says to Mabel, I says...

Diving in here quickly on a lunch break. How I love the power of technology, especially that which is portable. No doubt I will edit this later to add in some more, but I figured I would get in a twee tiny bit now to drain my brainpan of some thought processes.

Picked up a knitting magazine today. I don't remember the title, but I'll put it in after. There's some cute patterns in there, so I'm glad I grabbed it. One was of an adorable lacy sock pattern; toe-up, complete with instructions for a Turkish cast on. Id been wondering how to do a different toe from the short-row variety, with provisional cast on I've been using. I'll give this guy a shot and see how it turns out. The cast on I mean, not necessarily the pattern itself yet. I have a lot of stuff to get through; and more yarn coming in. It's dizzying. I'm truly building an actual honest to goodness stash. I'm actually kind of proud of this. And even more thankful that mom can't see it (though from what I'm hearing she has her own yarn balls in her closet; apple, tree, falling, not far from, bla bla bla).

I was hoping to revisit some of the past segments I've done on this blog, but have dramatically failed to do so, for one reason and one reason only: lack of organization. It's the one thing I can always improve upon, I feel, and I'm really lagging behind in this instance. I don't want to get a planner again, but I'm starting to think I truly should, if I'm going to be this scatterbrained, and so fund-deprived I cannot get myself an electronic device to assist in that. Though, to be honest, I don't think I would want an electronic device to help me get organized anyways. Something about paper and pen, and mushing them together just right feels so good, so productive.

Been feeling a little weird again lately. I think that's because I've not been eating like I was before. As in: I'm not eating lunch, but having little healthy snack things throughout the day after breakfast. And more water. Wait... don't think about it... If you start thinking about it you'll break the spell. Just don't think too much. Don't think, just do. Here's hoping that worked and I didn't break the spell.

Anywho, back in a bit, I'll update more on this post later.

**--Edit below--**

My laceweight from Indigo Dragonfly showed up today. Their MCN lace in "Only, the exact phrase I used was 'Don't'.". They are fast on shipping. More importantly: they have sent me pure, unadulterated, yarn p*rn. This yarn is too sexy to be anything but. It's every shade of red lipstick ever. Soft enough to make a baby think it needs to exfoliate. More come-hither than a cougar with a pizza-boy. I'd touch it inappropriately, but it's also powerful enough to kick my ass. This is yarn for Broads: gorgeous, delectable, and strong and purposeful. A yarn that will love you forever, as long as there's respect. I will definitely treat this girl right.

I'm sure there was something else I wanted to talk about, but I have to go build a shrine to this yarn now.

No comments:

Post a Comment