Monday, July 30, 2012

Intense

That's the only way I can describe this feeling... it's intense. Finished back, cast on for front, halfway done, and it's only the second day. Planning on waking up early tomorrow to take care of errands, because I'm back on my 4pm to 1am shift, and then knit some more. I feel like I'm accomplishing something. I feel like I'm knitting something worthwhile. This sweater truly is a so-called "boyfriend sweater" because I'm putting my heart and soul into this. Putting all my love into each and every stitch.

The problem is that my love seems to be bundled with a whole metric sh*tton of crazy. I made a big deal of this sweater and got intimidated and ran out of yarn and put it aside for a while... and... well the rest of this story is going to be squished like a bug, because it's a lot of self-loathing and I can't tell if I'm being whiny or justified. It's also a bit personal so I'm going to leave it alone.

I wish I could be doing more exciting things right now, but I'm not generally an exciting person. I started this to gush on knitting and too often knitting it wrapped up in emotions and emotional bullcrap. I have the sweater and the socks are started now, too. The pictures are on the desktop, so I'll get them posted later today (as it's so late, it's now early Monday morning).

I'm going to sleep now, and rest my hands and wrists from all the knitting I've done. Here's hoping for a productive day tomorrow.


Day 23: If you had the supplies (and patience) for it, what project would you start today?


A Velma outfit. Sweater and skirt and socks, hand knit. Everything else I want to start I already have the stuff for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment