Saturday, July 14, 2012

Letter to a Stranger

Dear Girl Going Clubbing on Oullette:

I'm really sorry I boob smashed you in the construction tunnel. It was a total accident, and completely the fault of the douchecanoe standing still in the oncoming traffic lane thinking, quite wrongly, that he could squish his dumb ass against the side hard enough to allow other people to walk through. I still had my bags on as I'd just left work and they through me off balance.

I hope our brief moment of chest contact has not embarrassed you or caused any lewd comments from the gentleman you appeared to be with (of course any lewd comments would downgrade him instantly from "gentleman" to "waste of carbon atoms" and/or "scum of all eternity").

Please try to see the positive in this: between your chest and mine, we got a really good rebound (bet you could bounce quarters off you).

Yours,
Margaux



Did a bunch of work on the sock today, to the point where it hit the black hole. This is promising, it means I'm almost near the toe. I don't believe Princess when she said I could get two socks out of the remaining yarn, but I'll push until I run out. I think I mentioned before that The Other Half does so adore non-matching socks, especially those with interesting or different coloured toes and heels.

Note to self: get some kind of wooly wash for his foot coverings.... and pay that yarn invoice.

I think I mentioned the Noro scarf (it's so late it's early, so my memory lapses are allowed). I didn't touch it today. I'm not sure I'm happy with it. It's not something I will want to wear, being so very sensitive to wool, but I don't know if the colour combination would suit somebody I know. Maybe I should post pictures of it, and offer to swap for yarn or another knitted good. It's fun to work on, and stupid simple (i.e. great for work), so I will definitely want to make another one.

Right! Duh! Next time ask the artistic boyfriend for colour questions. Doy! TOH has got colour sense that would make most fashionistas rethink themselves.

I blame yarn fumes for the lapse in intelligence. You can't prove me wrong. It's my story and I'm sticking to it.


Day 15: What was your least favorite pattern and why?*


I don't have one. I've liked all the patterns I've tried so far for one reason or another. Of course I've only really recently started working from patterns, so my opinion on this doesn't really count right now, given that my experience is very limited. Ask me again in a dozen years.

No comments:

Post a Comment