Sunday, July 29, 2012

Day Two of the Games

Can't blog. Knitting.


Seriously. Back done. Front started, almost past the slit allowance. Debating, at 2:30 am, the sanity of casting on the socks, and the shawl.... the shawl being lace.

Trying not to think about new projects, especially not spindles. I may be going off the deep end.

Also trying to reach out to my mother, and trying to understand The Other Half better. Why after five years can I not stop being stupid and pick fights, and then refuse to listen and empathize, when I can do so so well with perfect strangers? I may need a head doctor.


Day 22: Have you ever stricken someone off your to-knit-for list because they didn’t appreciate/take care of your last knitted gift to them?


No. Every knitted gift I've given has gone to someone who will appreciate it: The Other Half (the Brody incident doesn't count, that dog chews on everything, and will get things off the kitchen counter to chew on them, that was a total accident and not a lack of appreciation or care; it was an Act of Dog) and Step-Mum love knitted things.


Here's hoping Dad will appreciate his scarf. It's easy care, though, so there shouldn't be any issues. Never really have to worry about Dad not taking care of anything I might knit him, because he's wool-sensitive, almost to the point of being full blown allergic, so it's plant fibres and acrylic for him, and those are all supposed to take abuse.


Hmm...


Dear Powers That Be:


Thank you for giving me people in my life that either knit, or appreciate knitting, or are easy to knit for. My obsession is thriving because of this.


Keep up the stellar work. Oh, and if you're feeling generous, please make it so my next skein doesn't tangle so badly when I'm winding it into a ball. Thanks.


Love,
Margaux

No comments:

Post a Comment