Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Bad Blogger!

How dare I be absent for so long!

Lame excuse: It was WAY too hot to sit here and type stuff.

WWKIP event on Saturday and I can only hope the weather isn't going to make me want to shoot myself. Especially since it's being held in once of the nicest coffee places I've found in Windsor so far. They make a killer cappuccino. It's perfection in a frothy cup. Seriously. Never have I had better, and I've been to some nice coffee places.

The socks are black holing on me so I'm rather upset at that. The work schedule and requirements have changed so I don't have much time to do a lot of work on them at my desk (pity). Still need to look seriously into a job that won't have me talking to customers all day every day. Starting to get painfully cynical. But on the plus side I'm almost done one leg, and I'm not going to continue the rib down the foot, damned though that may make me.

I'm going to say it. It's going to sound dirty to any process knitter out there, and many product knitters, too.

I want to knit a plain field of stockinette.

Just knit. Around and around. It would be so nice and relaxing. Mindless, in a good way. Zen in ways the uninitiated long for.

No pictures. The camera's on walkabout. It's somewhere in the apartment, but not within reach.

Trying to figure out a yarn budget for next month. Started reading another blog which pointed me at Elann.com and I may be in trouble. Not to mention that I have to get the pattern and the laceweight for the Ravelympics. I think I have found the right yarn in the right colour. And from a groovy indie dyer, too. Details once I've made my decision. The hard part is finding the colour that I want. Not many people think or see the same thing when I say I want a red. Not pink, nor orange, or red leaning in either of those directions, I want a red leaning towards black or blue. I want a red that makes people think of poison apples, dangerous kisses, wet look latex, "you've been a naughty boy go to my room", that kind of red. It's a hard colour to hit. I've come close in some nail polish colours. Mom helped me nail it for my prom (boy did I turn heads that night, hee hee hee). But to try to find it in yarn? Tricky. I'll look though, and at least make an effort.

Non yarn related stuff: A/C is still busted, and I'm starting to think that's how bugs are getting in to my apartment. Had a big honking multi-legged horror drop from the ceiling into the sink in front of my yesterday morning. I was proud because I didn't scream, and managed to fight down my panic to drown the disgusting thing in the sink. The plug has been in the drain since then because I can't risk it coming back to get me. Funny though. I will freak the ever-loving f*** out whenever confronted with something that has an exoskeleton and 6 legs, or an exoskeleton and a bajillion legs*, but I'm cool with 8. Arachnids don't bother me. I love them. Know why? They eat the friggin things I can't stand. I'm all for that. So totally not looking forward to going south in cicada season *gag*.


Have to finish putting together the care package for Colorado, cousin E is getting goodies, and I'm throwing something in there for my Mom. Still working on the lines of communication thing there, but it's at least going better than it has in past months.

Christmas knitting is going really well, doing more of that on Saturday. My gods I can't even go more than a paragraph without coming back to this hobby. I've promised myself that I will finish up the Christmassy stuff and other various works in progress before I start on the super challenging. The entrelac is calling to me. I was extremely clever though.... or extremely stupid, one of the two. I used the needles I was planning on using for the entrelac to do some Christmas stuff (TOH will be upset to know the truth, but I have way too many things on the go right now, something had to stop me from my startitis).

So far the list is:
- Demon Sweater
- Blue socks
- Yellow thing
- Christmas knitting for Dad
- Christmas knitting for Step-mum

And somewhere in there I have to fit:
- Ravelympics lace
- Christmas knitting mystery 1
- Christmas knitting mystery 2
- Christmas knitting mystery 3
- Entrelac design thing for TOH (essentially a blanket just for his feet to attach to the footstool under his computer desk... kinda weird that I'd do something so complicated that's going to spend it's life under a desk, but it's basically going to be a really big practice swatch for when I want to use the technique for other things that will remain visible... this could have been a footnote, but I didn't wanna)

And that doesn't count the crochet I have sitting in my stash bag staring at me pointedly. A word in that direction: sewing up granny squares SUCKS. All future blankety endeavours will be continuous, contiguous or grafted.... or all three. Never again will I make peices, itty, bitty, teeny, titchy little pieces, that must be sewn to each other to create a whole. If I wanted to do that, I would have kept on with the quilting when my mother attempted to teach me (sorry mom, I hope you've tossed those remnants, I obviously don't have the pink blanket anymore, beloved though it was). Not to say there's anything wrong with quilting. It's just not for me.

Oh and I also have to find a spindle soon. Otherwise I may contemplate doing something really stupid like finding a great wheel to restore.




*crustaceans not included, just bu-.... urgh can't even say it, too icky.

No comments:

Post a Comment