Thursday, May 31, 2012

I think...

I think I have a problem.

It's pretty bad, and it's time I came clean about it, but there's a bit of back story here to explain how I came to this conclusion.

There's a plan, for this weekend, to go swimming. In a real, live pool. Now I haven't been to any kind of aquatic venue in about a year, so I was a little hesitant, but thought I'd pull out the bathing suit to see how bad it is and then go from there.*

I can't find it. It's not in the drawer I thought it was in.

My room is usually in some state of chaos around an island of calm, so I don't mind. I went digging.

I kept finding empty drawers.

Odd, and slightly disturbing. Was my entire wardrobe in laundry baskets and in the closet? Had I really run out of folded clothing?

And then I found it.

The thing that made me realize I have a hoarding problem.

Two drawers.

Full.

To the brim.

Of socks and underclothes.

All mine.

And I knew, with mounting horror, that I had just put on an entire load of the same.

Again, all mine.

....

I think hoarding yarn and fibrey things is probably better and it's time for a serious closet culling.

Oh, and dear? I'm sorry I said I didn't believe you when you pointed this oddity out oh so many years ago. I was wrong. I see that now.




*It's bad. The bathing suit is so out of style and antiquated. How am I supposed to look sexy in something that out of date? Heaven forfend. I'll have to get another one that can actually do some justice to my size sexy self.

No comments:

Post a Comment