Sunday, June 24, 2012

Lazing on a Sunday Afternoon

Or early evening... or whatever... It's too hot to try to think.

Haven't made progress on the sock. The Other Half threw LA Confidential at me last night and I was too tired to finish it, so I watched it today and ohmigawd so good!

Couldn't knit during that. It's just toooo good. I don't think I could ever see it enough times to have it be just background noise. Not like some movies.

Oh, also caught a documentary: Life in Cold Blood. I am particularly fond of such creatures (with the exception of amphibians, something about slime... I just don't wanna touch it. They all eat bugs though so they're tops in my book). The baby turtles were my favs, as were all the snakes and the crocodilians. My spell checker doesn't like that word, but it can suck it up, the little princess.

Speaking of Princess. She tossed something my way. I'll start it now for the fun of it, but it's supposed to be 30 days of knitting stuff. Don't know how deep and introspective it will be, but here goes:

Day One: What was your first finished project?

Crochet-wise, I can't really remember. There was the so-called square I attempted after Grandma taught me, and then the 5-1/2 hour afghan... I think those were it. I don't remember anything in between there.

Knitting... um... crud I really don't remember... hang on...

Wow... this is really sad. Let me check with The Best Friend.

TBF only remembers the Demon Sweater. But it's not finished. I don't think I did anything before that.

So that means the first knitted project I actually completed and cast off was a pair of socks. At least, that I can remember. There might have been something... no TBF taught me to cast off on the back of the sweater when I'd finished it.

Well, as she puts it: Go big or go home.

So there you have it, day one, first finished projects, and proof that my memory for some things is really bad. Mostly because I like what has to happen before the item is finished, but once it's finished, it's nothing to me. I don't care about it, it has to go to someone that will love it to bits. So far the only exception has been the socks I knit for myself, but that was yarn picked out specially for me, just so I could have a pair of socks.

Plus probably the one shawl I've been coveting ever since I saw the pattern.

**Edit**
So today's major stupid moment occurred during a match in World of Tanks. The Other Half and I were doing very well in a match. Had taken out a couple tanks, and a tank destroyer, when TOH gets stuck into a bad position by an IS-7 (Russian tank). I'm rolling up to help, wondering if I can remember what that red number under my targeting reticule means.

TOH: "This isn't good, I don't have a shot."
Me: "I have one. I'll get him. Coming to save you"
*blam*
Game: "Penetration." (Hitpoints on enemy tank don't go down, so I only injured the tank crew)
Me: "Uh... Uh oh."
TOH: "What? He's turning on me."
Me: "Um... I'm apparently out of ammo."
TOH: "What? How can you be out of ammo?"
*someone else kills the IS-7*
Me: "Er... I apparently forgot to resupply after the last battle. Um... oops?"
TOH: *laughing*

So yeah... Never hearing the end of that, not for a good long while. I'll have to be sending screenshots for proof of ammo from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment