Thursday, June 21, 2012

Aftermath

Sock and I have had a nice long rational discussion. I know that it was my own fault for the gusset being so wonky and jacked up, and I am fully comfortable admitting that. The sock now know that being a smug little so-and-so about the whole thing will not win it any friends. I am not above ripping mercilessly. We're enjoying some nice comfortable back and forth (I have to re-turn the heel so it's knit one row, turn and purl back) while we rebuild our trust and friendship.

Thank you all for your understanding in this difficult time.


I say that only because I appear to have gone a little wonky in this heat, as I'm now imagining my knitting project and I have some deeper relationship, and then fights in said relationship.


**EDIT**

I'm also now rather incredibly miffed at what I just found out from browsing my forums on Ravelry. The Olympic Committee has decided that hard learned fibre arts "denigrate" the spirit of the Olympic games (can I even use that word anymore?). I worked hard to get where I am. I don't do sports, much to my parents chagrin, but dammitall I learned. And I'm not even one of the impressive ones! There will be links once I can collect them all, but jeez. Denigrate. And then the apology has the blind nerve to say that it was a "standard-form cease and desist" letter.

I'm fuming.

The Original Letter (may need a Ravelry account)

The Official Apology

One Spot in the News

The NPR Spot


No comments:

Post a Comment