Thursday, June 21, 2012

Curse you, Heat!

I mean temperature, not some team of some sort (I think there's one out there).

Weird moment today: random stranger on the street commenting to me about the heat. Think he was just being polite. Paranoid as all f*** that he was hitting on me. That may just be because I felt good looking today. Got a new shirt last night, and it met with rave reviews from The Other Half... well as rave as they could be for a fairly conservative work shirt.

He pointed out that this clothing procurement outing resulted in a lot of black. It did. I'm not liking my shape right now... no that's not entirely true... I'm not liking my health level, and the extra bits I'm carrying in front. I don't wanna lose the thighs or the hips or the epic junk in my trunk, but the back and tummy areas need a little smartening up. (The rack is impenetrable. It is eternal and everlasting... boy I hope Dad's stopped checking in on me here, that'd be embarrassing).

I'm not going to focus on it though... It's like... yeah it's like an S.E.P. field. I have to catch it off guard, but make small, yet significant changes. Drink water more. Eat a healthy breakfast. Have a small lunch that isn't fried. Have small snacks in between if needed. The big hurdle: dinner. That one's gonna mess with me... breakfast and lunch first. Listening to my body's needs.

Been training still at work, so there's no brain power to knit. Having to cram two years worth of knowledge into a head within 5 days is a major feat. Here's hoping I'm up to the challenge as usual.

I know I should have gotten off here sooner, or stopped puttering around the apartment sooner, and fixed the legs... but they're a sacrifice I'm just going to have to make (thanks, Mom, for those of your genetics... le sigh). Priority for tomorrow: more laundry, legs.

Also to do for tomorrow: teach the other girl at work how to knit. Plus do more socks. I had such a good plan coming up to this summer, and I'm already feeling the pressure of Christmas Knitting.

Hey, Princess, when we do get together for our next knitting thing, as much as the CE was great, can we hit a place with air conditioning? I'll spring for frozen yog's or something. There's a booster jui-.... my gods... there's a Booster Juice at the Mall. And I got a Teen Burger.... Granted I hadn't had a Teen Burger (or rings) in years. Literally. But damn, I missed out on a drinkable meal.

Yeah, that's me, unlimited powers of focus. Wah wah wah wah wah wah wah...

Sound effects don't work in a blog so well. Spell check hates them. Burning passion, fiery suns, all that jazz.

Shared good music today, and that felt nice. Worried I'm being uber-pushy (looks at Princess for confirmation or denial). I tend not to play well with others, but when I do find someone I can play well with, I get a little exuberant.

Want to have a girls night.... Not making any plans until after I see TOH again. I don't know if it's childish or sad, or just plain weird, but I like sleepovers. They're tons of fun for me, and, being a natural night owl, conducive to my own state of being. Even if I can't spell properly sometimes (you won't find it, I fixed it). Wanna have the Broads over, K and N, and see if we can get Princess in the mix, and throw on all kinds of crazy movies, and just stay up and knit and giggle and.... have fun, fun like one had at 13, and we were supposed to stop having for no apparent reason.

Has to be planned carefully. I don't like upsetting my routine, puts me out of sorts and turns me into a psycho hose beast (guess which movie I can play through my head in its entirety just from hearing that one particular song). Never something I want to turn in to, nor turn on for TOH to deal with. Not fair, don't like it. It's outmoded, outdated, and uncool. And it is my routine. I am quite prone to ruts. It's terrible. Plus jumping to conclusions. I swear I hold the world record. Could go to the Olympics if I wanted to.

Anywho, something I'm thinking about. Probably have to pull the idea off here and bandy it about in true interpersonal communication.

Oh note to self: switch shampoo and conditioner. You are getting totally sick of the leftover residue of this brand, stop thinking you should just use it up now when you have a fresh bottle of better for you stuff waiting. These bottles can go back under the sink for those "emergencies"... Emergency Shampoo... I'll just file that under it's own special brand of "odd".

Say g'night, Gracie!


*There, fixed my profile too. I was in the mood for lips. Thought process works like this: TOH is gaming, what are some of the games we have enjoyed together? WOT, WOW, SW:ToR, STO, DCUO, BBO..... I miss BBO. He'd done such a nice crest for my ship. It had this lovely pair of lips... Do I have a profile pic? No. I want the Lips! I just talked about a sleepover, and the last one I had had RHPS... LET THERE BE LIPS!


Definitely bedtime at this point.

1 comment:

  1. I am SO down for knitting at the mall. Booster Juice AND making the muggles uncomfortable? Sign me up!

    Also - sleep-over for the win. I'm in!

    ReplyDelete