Saturday, January 21, 2012

Still Down...

But not out.

Getting better, but at this point it seems slow going. Doing all the normal recuperative stuff: sleep, fluids, warmth, and it's helping. Almost back to the point where I can knit for a while without feeling dizzy (it must be working in the round on this sock). The sock seems to have hit a black hole now too. I'm looking for the heel to start so it's taking forever to get there. This last inch seems to be forever and I'm starting to think I'll run out of yarn before then. Logically, I know it's not possible. There's a third of the ball left, and I have three others waiting in the wings (I really have to get on top of that reading yardage when looking at the pattern thing... I'm really bad at it).

For now: more convalescence and lots of getting better.

Back soon!


Update: as of 8:26PM EST, I need two more rows (Knitting Fates willing) and I can finally start the heel. As interesting as this yarn has been (it's black and white varigated, and has been doing this interesting twist thing up the foot), I'm ready to jump for joy at the change in pace... Holy heck... I'm making a sock. This is for real people! This is not a drill!

Maybe I should calm down. It's just a sock....

Nah.

No comments:

Post a Comment