Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Derring-Do

I did it today.

I decided to be adventurous.

Scandalous, even.

I wanted to shock people and get "looks".

So I whipped it out.

In Public.

...

I knit on the bus.

That's right. Pulled out my sock and went at it right there on public transit.

And no one looked. No one glanced. Not a comment. Nothing. Granted the bus wasn't full, and granted it was late. There were still muggles on there.

Not a dang thing.

Didn't get far though. 13 stitches in and I noticed some weird, messed up trippy dropped-yet-half-picked-up-again kinda stitch-thing (it was half stitch and half YO and all nuts). This weird thing in my knitting couldn't be fixed right then so I had to put it away and then rip out two full rows to fix it. Major surgery at this point in the game. I'm staring at a little yarn egg and wondering when I should start my ribbing. I've also started carrying around the other ball for the next sock. The Broads at work don't think I'm gonna make it. But I'll show them. My man has two feet and by the Gods on High I will finish them both!

And then cast on the next pair.

P.S. To the folks on Ravelry who didn't make fun of my first forum post ever: thank you, and thanks so much for all the advice on non-woolen yarns. I don't know if any of you will ever see this, but it meant a lot (and I posted so in the same thread so this is a double thank you)

No comments:

Post a Comment