Thursday, January 19, 2012

Failed Experiment

Hypothesis: the webcam I have can be used as a substitute for a regular camera.

Materials: one knitted good, one webcam plus software, one computer

Experiment: take a picture



Conclusion: my lighting is too fail low to be of any real use in capturing decent photos*, and I forget how to do a grade 10 science report.

That is the hat made from Christmas yarn for my stepmother; simple 2x2 rib, the other basics of the pattern provided by the Yarn Harlot. Well, I tell a lie: the whole pattern is hers. I just knit the darn thing on 5mm needles instead of the 4.5mm she recommended. Hopefully it's not rejected outright. And I just noticed the seam is visible, how gauche. The scarf her was photographed as well, but all of them looked like shapeless black blobs and didn't capture the cool stripeyness or the interesting stitch pattern. Probably wouldn't have been that big of a hit, it was one of those "instant gratification" crochet patterns that I pick up when I need a quick fix. Got it off a ball band, which is lurking around here somewhere.

As soon as I get a lamp to light my work properly, I'll post more pictures. The sock has an inch to go before the heel, the scarf is waiting for delivery to TOH, and I have more grand plans in the works.

Let it be proclaimed:
It is January. I am already planning for this Christmas. My first knitterly Christmas, and I plan to learn good habits early. I don't know if I can post about it here. The first recipient, my stepmother, doesn't know about this place yet... so I'm going to keep it stealthy for now. It involves a clever plan and includes her cats. I have an idea for Dad, and some budding plans for TOH... Phae's easy, she needs what I need: yarn. The list is small. The plan is long range. I may be okay.

*knocks on wood*

May be.... Never tempt fates. *glares at never-ending sweater of doom* There's no telling what they'll do to you.



*Better? TOH didn't like the "fail"

No comments:

Post a Comment