Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Tuesday? Tuesday again?

I seriously cannot believe that today was a Tuesday. I just don't get it. It didn't feel like a Tuesday. Felt like a Kick-you-inna-head-so-you-can't-think day.

Maybe that is Tuesday.

Huh... I'll have to keep track of that.

Paid the invoice for the yarn club (squee!) and the latest Knit Picks order has shipped (double squee!). And I have knitting pretties to show off!

No, no squee on that one. It's too hot for anything more than two squees in a paragraph. And I don't care that most people don't think 20 degrees Celsius is hot, it's hot to me.

Knitting. Right.

The Silk Thing
The Silk Thing was a personal challenge that I took up after months of debating it, and just as many months of having Knitting Broad N. tell me to shut up talking about it and actually do it. The challenge being: get some silk mawata (hankies, whatever), "spin" some singles and knit them into..... something... Originally I wanted to make socks, but as you can see from the picture (lower center) my spinning its about as even as a prime number festival in the Rocky Mountains. Well, I will admit it does get better further on, but it's still not consistent enough to really make a decent pair of socks out of them. So this will be a scarf, and it will be part of my Christmas Stash. Intended for my lovely Step-mum because she looks incredible in these jewel tones.* The silk that I purchased can be found from Knit Picks in their Roving section under Spinning. Will buy again.

The other knitting that I worked on today was this thing here:

Hmm... Kinda hard to really see it from back there, it's still so tiny... Wait! My camera has a macro image setting...

Good little Olympus.
Anywho, that's the latest pair of socks for The Other Half. This is NGY Bounce and Stomp in "Your Ratings Have Just Gone Up" and I'm working it up in The Yarn Harlot's Earl Grey pattern. I stopped the ribbing early because TOH seems to hate it more than Joe or Stephanie (the first couple of pairs... and the FYSS socks he requested totally rib free. Odd for a carnivore, no?) I'm just getting in to the cabling part and I think... I think I would rather knit these plain. I'm going to give it a couple more rows, just to see, but I think I'd rather them be mostly plain... maybe with the two tracks down the side where the cables would go... but it's a variegated yarn, so it's going to be hard to see all those nice** twisted stitches. Yeah, give it a little longer, if the cabling doesn't work, I'll just leave the two ribs on the sides and do the rest plain. Gotta have a little something for interest.

Oh, and in case you're not in the Windsor group on Ravelry, and you somehow came across this blog: I'm going to organize something for Wold Wide Knit in Public day. Thinking June 16th, downtown. Send me a message through here if you're interested, or find the Windsor Knitters group on Ravelry.

That's about all for now. Ta!



*and the appreciative "ooh" I got from her when I was showing it off said more than anything else: "I want one"
**"nice" here being relative as I have never cabled without a needle before and apparently knit tighter than a duck's butt when I'm nervous... like when I'm trying to learn a new technique. Probably just needs practice

No comments:

Post a Comment