Tuesday, May 29, 2012

I'll Have a Slice Please...

I checked the Yarn Harlot today and she was talking about having a slice of Crazy Pie a la Mode.

Sounds good to me.

The Ravelympics are coming up with the advent of the 2012 Olympic games and I'm thinking I want to compete this year. Events of choice?

1) WIPs Wrestling: this year, I will dominate the demon sweater.... and possibly run out of yarn again... crud I'll have to buy more to make it work... but I will win! Durn thing's only been in various stages of completion for about 4 years now...

2) Lace Long Jump: I found this slice of gorgeousness and every single cell in my body said want so I may challenge myself to it, once I track down some laceweight in red. Not just any red though. It has to be Red. Deep, dark, bloody, seductive, gorgeous, delicious red. The colour that only really looks good with black. My favourite.

I'm nuts to be thinking this, because not only do I not have the needles for the lace, I don't have the yarn, and I work full time, and... it's just nuts.

Gotta try it though.

Oh and one final thought before signing off today: there is still no joy greater to me than opening up a package and seeing little balls of potentiality laying there, nestled sweetly next to each other, promising hours upon hours of enjoyment.

Ah, yarn. How I love thee.*







*No, dear, not as much as you. Nowhere close, now stop glaring at my stash.

No comments:

Post a Comment