Monday, September 3, 2012

Quick Update

Middle of my nice little weekend away and I figured I'd pop in here for a quick little update.

Sock progress was made on the second of Step-Mum's socks. I have decided unequivocally to send them off to her early to make sure she can size them for me. I have to know if they will fit so I can make sure the other two pairs are perfect (they're using Blue Moon Fibre Arts yarns, so I'm going to be more particular about them).

I have to remember to pick up a couple sets of circular needles. One of the many lovely ladies in the NGY/Cluster Cuss gangs I frequent on Ravelry suggested I look into the HiyaHiya Sharps. So next paycheque a couple of those will be making their way over to me. Just think... two at a time, toe up on magic loop. I'm turning into a machine.

Another reminder: tweak the outline for the knitting guide, and let Our Lady of Nerdy Yarn know what I'm planning. Additional: order those skeins of bulky weight for the booklet thingie. Yay for combining hobbies! Knitting, Crochet and writing.

Oh and check Etsy for an update on the spindle... and budget for fibre.

I love me, but boy am I an expensive date.

In still other news: (crud send Princess a note) I'm going to be taking Princess up on her offer to be gym buddies. I figure I can get in on the membership deal she mentioned and do something good for myself. I'm not healthy right now, and I have to get healthy. I'd much rather get healthy and spend time with a really cool person who is turning out to be a really good friend (making me eat my words notwithstanding).

So much for just a quick update, huh?

The Demon Sweater has been delivered, and, as I expected, received well, and will be used for it's intended purpose: a basement/weekend sweater. The Other Half noted the seams I was so disappointed with, and it's even bigger on him than I had expected. Next time: not quite so wide in the shoulders, and add a little to the overall length... In fact, scrap that pattern entirely and whip up something that actually suits him a little better: vertical patterns, cables, probably a cardigan, maybe even a big shawl collar if I'm doing it in bulky weight so it could pass as a jacket. Hell, buy those dang leather patches and sew them on to the elbows even. But not that horizontal striping shallow scoop neck ever again. Totally doesn't suit.

Hence why no action shots.

That sweater will, hopefully, be unconsciously relegated to exactly where it belongs, where it was made for; the back of the chair in the man cave for those occasions where he might get a bit nippy and need an extra layer for his arms.

The socks went over better, and three cheers for the cold weather that's going to be rolling in soon so they can see some use!

Bed time for me. Long, long, long day tomorrow.

It's gonna be so worth it.

1 comment:

  1. *hugs* You are quite busy indeed. I've heard great things about those needles and I can't wait to drool over your 2AAT knitting.

    As for the gyming, you let me know when you're ready and we'll go down together. Hopefully we can make it out to the gym twice a week with our weird schedules.

    ReplyDelete