Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Almost Normal

Whatever plague I caught is almost gone. Just dealing with the leftovers. And yes, I am very well aware that it's 2 in the morning where I'm at. There was a scary noise that woke me up and I can't identify the cause so I'm very very awake at this point. Had it been a certain blue box, or a vampire, or a lycanthrope of some flavour, I would be off enjoying my new life. It wasn't any of those, so I'm decidedly "freaked the frak out" as those crazy kids are wont to say (or something, it's too early and too late, at the same time, to try to make much more sense than I am making right now).

I finished the Scotty hat and... I don't like it. It's the acrylic, I know it is. As much as I like the fact that I can wear that hat, it doesn't drape properly because of the yarn. I could, and probably should, wash it a few times to soften it and get it so that it'll do its thing properly, but I almost can't be bothered. I'm tempted to just rip the whole thing, seams and all, and figure out something else to do with that swack of blue. Not sure yet. Don't want to do anything hasty, you know.

Been working on the Noro scarf still. The colour changes are getting more intriguing. I don't think they're for me, but I like them nonetheless. I'm planning out the next one I'm going to make already. Starting to wonder if I'm mad, but I know any other process knitter... heck any other knitter knows what I'm going through. "This thing was so much fun and so beautiful and easy that I must make more!" It's like socks. (Speaking of, I have lots more socks to cast on... blimey).

Spindle has been fully painted. It was varnished last night, and should get shafted in the next couple days. Then a test spin by the artisan, and it will be winging its way out to me. Then I get to pick out and purchase my first fluffy stuff! Exciting! I am going to learn to be tri-craftual! Even though technically I'm try-craftual already: I'll try any craft at least once.

What do I have already? Cross stitch, sewing, beading, small box loom weaving, friendship bracelets, crochet, knitting... now spinning. Amazing. The last three seem to have been able to hold my interest the longest. Here's hoping for a long and glorious future of creating!

1 comment:

  1. Argh. My comment got eaten.

    Let me try again.

    I consider myself a process knitter. And I don't like repetition. Yes, I'll knit up a dozen shawls in a row, but I won't do the same one twice.

    This was a problem with socks until I learned two-at-a-time.

    It's a very rare thing for me to do the same pattern twice. There are exceptions, sure. Like right now - doing some charity knitting with some of my handspun (why, oh why, did I buy these colors?). Making hats. I happened to find a pattern I really really like... I'm on my second hat in that pattern. Same yarn, even. I plan on making at least two more.

    But usually, no.

    Meanwhile, I'm glad you're feeling better.

    I'm also looking forward to seeing your spindle!

    <3

    ReplyDelete