Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Sweet Mother of Pearl

Oh my good gods. I have been so very very remiss in keeping myself healthy. Especially my upper body. I feel better now that I've been to the gym a second time, but holy monkies ow.

Dear Triceps:

No, I don't hate you. Really. No, seriously, I don't. This is for your own good. It builds character. It hurts me more than it hurts you. I still love you, I promise.

Now stop hurting.

Love,
Me

Had a nice lady at the gym take time away from her busy schedule to quickly walk me through the machines and my goals and appropriate weight levels. I think I underestimated my abilities on some of them. No I don't want to injure myself, but the last three reps (out of twelve) should be a push.... and on too many machines they weren't. Especially the leg lifty things. No, I don't remember the name, but 90 is too light. I have to go up one bar weight level. Thingie. No, I don't know what it's actually called. (I probably do, but I can't think of it right now, and I'm imagining my Dad reading this and doing that "oh dear lord" face/sigh thing he does... it makes me laugh).

Anywho!

On track for being more awesome and healthy. Three months I want to see some results, and then I get to stick with it, to infinity and beyond!

Cast on a new project last night. I know I shouldn't have but it was too tempting. I'm bad and should finish stuff. More on knitting later.

No comments:

Post a Comment