Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Easily Influenced

I'm finding that on these incredibly awesome cold medicines, I am highly susceptible to the power of suggestion. I'm also very willing to do things for my friends.

Please, dearest friends, don't start asking for yarn. I have things I need it all for and can't give it away.

Anyways. Sitting here working on the draft for my knit thing and Caitzilla asked to see pictures of the Scotty hat.

So I'm going to break my own rule and post pictures that include my own head. Shocking.




Funny... The hat actually looks better now that it's had time to sit. Very strange. I may not rip it back at all.

And because someone will comment: the mess on the couch is my attempt to organize my stash, and the box on the background is sitting on my mini-fridge because I've been trying to clean. Bronchitis makes it harder than it should be.

Also for your viewing pleasure: the crocheted slouchy hat I've dubbed "Purple Thing".



Much cuter on me when my hair isn't mussed.

And a blast from the past: the "Pink Thing" cowl I crocheted out of.... yes it was Christmas yarn.


No, no picture of it on me, because orange and pink, at least that very serious pink, and the pumpkin orange I'm wearing would clash horribly, and I'm too... er... what was the word I wanted... too out of it to change.

So, back to working on this:


Because it's technically only halfway done, and it's super simple for my addled brain to concentrate on. This picture was actually taken with a flash, so the colours are... well they're actually a little bit washed out, to be honest. Much richer in person. I'm loving it so much and can't wait to knit another one. Which is an odd thing to say about k1p1 ribbing, but there you have it. I'm entertained by the pretty colours.

So there you go, Caitzilla, your request has been fulfilled. Here's hoping I made sense. Back to movies and knitting and trying to ignore the odd taste in my mouth from the antibiotics.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You're very welcome :) Happy to oblige, really. As the pictures save me from having to write as much.

      Delete
  2. *muppet flail*

    I love the hats! I can't wait to see the scarf in person.

    Also, I need to occupy your living space.
    For reasons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh? It's a bit of a pigsty here, what with all the yarn laying around.

      Delete