Sunday, September 16, 2012

One Hundred!

Break out the champagne and mourning wear! Woo one hundred posts! Yay I did it! I'm keeping up with my blog and getting the knitting stuff out there so I don't drive the rest of the human race that comes into contact with me absolutely bonkers with my obsession/compulsion! Hooray!

Why the mourning? Because I just added up everything I spent this month on yarn and fibrey things. I am WAY off course and have to go on a yarn diet. For the sake of my budget, my ability to eat, and my ability to get to work. I have to stop. Time to make do with what I have, and finish a whole bunch of things I have started. Time to be good, and responsible, and do what's necessary before what's fun.

They can pry my yarn club out of my cold dead fingers though. There is no way in any definition of anything that I'm giving that up now. You hear me Christa? I love your work so much I'm willing to give up all kinds of necessities for you.

Doesn't help that my only utility bill is getting way out of whack because the pricing is some serious bullmalarky. I'll get that sorted though.

Started making a hat similar to the one Scotty wore in the newest Star Trek movie. Promised myself I wasn't going to cast it on, but there it is. Nice soothing garter stitch with the occasional interesting short row thrown in. It's going to be massive, and it's going to chew nicely through that whack of blue acrylic I have hanging around.

Finished another Christmas present for Step-mum, but it's going out to her early for sizing purposes. I have to know if what I did fits right to make sure the other two are also perfect. Shoot, if I need to cast something on, I should be casting those on. I'm a doofus! **checks time** I'll do it in the morning. When there's light.

Ripped and re-started Dad's Christmas present again. This is the 5th incarnation.... no, I tell a lie, it's the 6th. Dad, please stop being so hard to knit for. I'm kidding, of course. I just have to pick patterns I like the first time. This one is turning out lovely; subtle, masculine, goes with anything. It's going to be soft and squooshy and warm. And not wool. That's very important.

Note to self: If you finish things,you'll get the cables back from them and then can move on to other projects that need to be on longer straights but not psychotically long ones (what was I thinking getting 40" cables for my KnitPicks interchangables?)

So anyways. It's official. One Hundred Posts and a yarn diet....

One that will start right after I've gotten the stuff for the swap...

Boy is it a good thing that I don't have a credit card.

No comments:

Post a Comment