Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Quick Ranty Update

1) The dryers in my building's laundry room are almost on the fritz. Which means I'm up later than I wanted to be.

2) They turned the heat on. One temperature gauge for three buildings, and some people apparently don't know how to layer. This means trying to get some kind of comfortable balanced temperature in this apartment without making myself sick (again).

3) I'm seriously debating my sanity with all the things I have decided I want to make. I have to put some works in progress into hibernation so I can get rocking on other projects.

4) I have no idea what I'm doing for NaNoWriMo next month.

The good stuff:

I was up late enough to dye my hair. Should look good, even if I just realized that I picked my mother's natural hair colour... That's another can of worms I can't tackle tonight. Ugh.

I'm getting a lot of great progress on my translation book. I have no idea if it's going to work or make sense, but I'm going to try.... and I may even be brave enough to hand it to someone else to submit it to a publisher. It's something unique in the world of fibre crafts.

There's probably a lot more but I can't make sense of my tangle of thoughts so: neener, neener I'm off to bed.

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm... dryers. Remember. You have friends who don't have them. I have to hang up my clothes in the boiler room to dry. (though my dainties get hung in the shower in my room. not hanging that stuff in a semi-public space)

    Okay, is this because I'm new.... what translation book?

    Central heating with no control over temp. Yeah, gotta love that. My classroom is in the basement. It's too damn warm in here. Might be due to the proximity to the boiler room.

    Good luck with prioritizing your knitting projects. I've been pretty good about that myself. Only two projects on the needles right now. One is the blanket, so it sorta doesn't count. Right?

    Um. Hi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm working on a guide to help those who may not be bi-craftual. I decided to put it into a semi-stealth status because it's still a first draft and isn't anywhere near done yet so... under cover it goes.

      Delete