Monday, October 8, 2012

Apologies

I've been very remiss in blogging lately. It's very bad of me, and I'm sorry. It means I've been subjecting poor TOH to more of my fibrey ramblings. Poor man.

Bought a spindle. Custom job done just for me. I've made a deal with myself: If I get a chore done, then I can get more fibre for spinning. So if I get the kitchen cleaned, I can get some Merino. The bathroom means Polwarth. The bedroom? Corriedale. If I can get the whole apartment clean, I'll be allowed to get alpaca.

Doing a hat in NGY Clever, the colourway is Stellar Debris. Cue pic spam!


One of the two balls all wound up. SO pretty. Oh good lords it's gorgeous.


That's the first bit of the ribbing. Looking pretty good. I wasn't sure what it was going to do held double and I wasn't sure that I liked it at this point.


Then I got into the actual body of the hat, and I started to like it a little more. Sorry, the flash kind of ruined the colours. I have to try to remember not to take pictures at night.


And just now... I am so loving this. I just need to find two buttons, about an inch in diameter that are black and sparkly. I'm so adoring this pattern. And I desperately love this yarn. It's absolutely gorgeous. It feels so very very good. I never thought I'd love 100% Merino this much but I do, and these colours... oh heavens. Lawks, even.

So I was away for a while, but please forgive me, because I did give you knittery things.

No comments:

Post a Comment