Sunday, October 28, 2012

Action Shot


BAM

Finished shawl. Unblocked, but still full of awesome. I'm surprised I can wear it this close to my skin, but I'm claiming it's because of the blend: Merino, Cashmere and Nylon.

I am going to cuddle this thing forever. I'm so proud that I finished it, and so proud that I only made one mistake during the whole dang thing, and said mistake was stupendously easy to fix. (okay there was a second mistake found but that was on the bind off row, and that was just a loss of a yarnover; also easily resolved)

Pattern: Whippoorwill
Yarn: Nerd Girl Yarns Come Hither
Fibre blend: 80% superwash merino, 10% cashmere, 10% nylon
Colourway: Remember, remember the fifth of November (from the Random Fandom yarn club)
Skeins: 2
Project name: Whip Her Well (because I can't read whippoorwill without changing it, and the colourway and pattern name combined reminded me of the scene in V for Vendetta when V was torturing Evey).

Now.... to find something else to cast on... Entrelac, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment