Thursday, February 2, 2012

Up Too Late

This post was actually supposed to be for Wednesday, but I got caught up in the last little bit of sock and then dinner and playing games with The Other Half, and all that jazz.

A Few Things, then:

Thing one: my boots get excited when I get home. How can I tell? They untie themselves. Maybe they just hate my feet... or my cruddy store-bought socks....

Thing two: I loved starting the sock, I loved doing the foot, I loved doing the heel... why then is the last part, the leg, giving me so much greif? Stupid leg. Just get knit, so I can cast on for my socks, and then TOH's next pair... and then my next pair... and also work on the d*mn sweater too....

Thing three: my yarn from Wolle's Yarn Creations arrived!!!! I am in love. Even though that might make TOH question my sanity (he doesn't get jealous over fibre) I have to say it. The colour is so much richer in the photo, and the yarn is beautifully, gorgeously soft. I'm still browsing Ravelry for patterns to make a good scarf for my Dad. I have some contenders but I have to find out if he'll think a little lace isn't manly. Elisabeth is just an awesome seller; she answered my questions promptly and even offered to correct my order when she thought I wouldn't want it (because the yarn really isn't good for socks, no sirree bob it isn't). She also threw in the most delicious jellybeans and a tea for me to try later, too.

Thing four: with the arrival of the yarn, I realise I don't have enough in the way of needles. <deadpan> oh darn. my life is over. whatever will i do </deadpan, load knitpicks.com>

Well, later... I have a budget, still. Which may get a little more wriggle room if my office moves... we'll have to see. Right now though: WAY past my bedtime.

oh, quick P.S. I'm a horrible yarn pusher and I'm forcing the one Knitting Broad to finish her socks, and I'm trying to convince the other, crocheting one, to take up spinning. I'm a bad, bad woman.... and I love it; not changing a whit about me. So there. Neener Neener.

No comments:

Post a Comment